Saturday, June 25, 2016

Farewell (for now)

Hello Scholars and Parents,

Congrats Josh H.
We have completed another year of awesome art-making and I appreciate the hard work many students put into their pieces.  8th Graders (now high school students!) learned about Graphic Novels, Batik, Weaving, Grotesque Mask-making in plaster, and silkscreening.  The 7th Graders learned about Abstract Artwork and the Principals of Design, Scratch Artwork, Printmaking, and Value Drawings using the value scale in different medium.  6th Graders became Pop Art experts after looking at the Pop Art movement and the work of Andy Warhol and Jean-Michel Basquiat.  FISK scholars used what they learned about design and line creation to create amazing graffiti pieces using oil pastels.  They finished out the year working on "That time they Fell".  Fifth graders learned about the artwork of Alexander Calder and his wire sculptures, the color wheel and color schemes in through self-portraits, earned painting licenses and discussed their future selves while looking at skin tones and how the media discusses people of different races.  NOT TO MENTION A FRIENDLY BOUT OF CONNECT FOUR COMPETITION!  A lot was accomplished this year.

Max will get to know his cousin.
I have bittersweet news to share: I will not be returning to CPCS for the 2016-2017 school year.  My family and I have decided to move closer to Philadelphia so our son can be closer to and get to know his relatives.

To say I will miss my CPCS family, is an understatement, but I will be sure to stay in touch.  Good luck to all of you.  You can always reach me through my website: jenhillmanprints.com (on the contact page) or please email: jenhillmanis@hotmail.com.

Best of luck to my students...I KNOW YOU WILL GO FAR.  Stay focused on why you are in school!